Have you frequently experienced damped feet when you take your shoes off? Do you have smelly and sweaty feet? If that’s the case, I will show you the right type of socks and shoes you need to wear that have proven to significantly reduce the sweat!
I have spoken with several women who were experiencing sweaty feet and told me how this has caused them to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable.
Do you know what is the FIRST STEP to take when trying to combat sweaty feet? Wearing the correct type of socks and shoes!
I have been working for a specialized shoe store for the last ten years. We specialize in women with foot and leg problems, but we also provide regular shoe fittings as well. I have fitted thousands of shoes and socks, and I am familiar with which sock brands and which sock styles are better than others.
Did you know that the correct type of socks makes an enormous difference in reducing or completely eliminating sweat from your feet?
Most women are not aware of the important role that socks play in keeping our feet healthy, and most of the time they end up choosing the wrong type of socks, simply because they don’t know how to select the correct sock size and style.
Socks act as a barrier between the feet and the shoes, and most importantly they protect the feet from infection and irritation.
There are certain socks materials that you must stay away from such synthetic materials, which by the way are the worst kind of socks for women with sweaty feet.
But no worries, I will provide you with a selection of the best women’s socks for sweaty feet and show you what type of materials are better than others (more breathable and durable).
The Materials Socks Should be Made of – Give your Feet Quality!
There are the two essential things that we need to check for all socks which are the FIT and the FABRIC that they are made of.
Choosing the right type of socks and the correct sock size is just as important as fitting shoes properly. If the socks are smaller or larger than our feet, they will cause a great deal of discomfort.
Can you imagine wearing a pair of socks that is too small and tight? Your toes would definitely get cramped and overlap over each other. Socks that are too big will bunch up and also create discomfort to your feet. This is the reason why it all STARTS with getting the correct sock size!
Now, let’s talk about fabrics. There is a common misconception about socks made out of cotton. Most women associate cotton with high quality socks, but when trying to prevent our feet from sweating so much, we must avoid fabrics such as cotton.
Note that if you have sweaty feet, you need to avoid the following materials in socks:
- Synthetic: These socks are perhaps the worst possible choice for women who have sweaty feet since the synthetic material does not absorb nor repel moisture.
- Cotton: As previously mentioned, cotton socks are not advised when suffering from sweaty feet. Although cotton socks are very popular and most women tend to go for them, it’s not a very good choice for women with sweaty feet. No doubt the fiber is wonderful, but it retains heat and leads to the growth of bacteria that causes bad odor. Sweat is not able to evaporate quickly through cotton, thus socks are left wet and smelly until you wash them.
- Nylon: Be sure to avoid nylon socks, which will trap moisture and lead to sogginess.
Don’t underestimate the importance of wearing the correct type of socks! Try to change your socks more than once per day and try to be prepared by taking along an extra pair when you’re out.
Features of Socks Targeted to Prevent Sweaty Feet
Before I show you a selection of the best socks for women with sweaty feet, let’s take a look at the different features these socks will provide in order to prevent your feet from sweating excessively:
- Merino wool socks: Socks made of merino wool are great for women who have sweaty feet. Instead of trapping moisture and heat, they dispel it! Merino wool socks also have natural anti-microbial properties which help reduce foot-odor!
- Olefin socks. These socks are lightweight, durable and provide better breathability than other socks. This is because they not only have moisture absorbing properties but also have hydrophobic features as well, which means that they repel water and drive sweat away from feet. Olefin fibers are quick drying and easy to clean, and the best part is that they are resistant to staining and soil while being very comfortable to wear!
- Drymax fiber socks. I will also show you a selection of socks made of Drymax fiber. Besides being made of Olefin fibers, Drymax socks also have anti-microbial properties that prevent the growth of the odor-causing bacteria and ensure that your feet are sweat and odor-free. Drymax socks retain their shape and don’t get stiff easily. They also have air vents to ensure that heat is not trapped, and your feet remain cool and dry throughout the whole day!
- Coolmax socks. These socks are scientifically designed to prevent sweaty feet. They are polyester-based, and they help wick or absorb moisture. These socks are great for women involved in several physical activities.
Now that you know which features these socks will provide, lets take a look at a selection of the best women’s socks for sweaty feet:
Do you happen to have a child with sweaty feet? I actually wrote an article where I describe the best socks for children with sweaty feet and you can find it here:
Sweaty feet can cause great discomfort and embarrassment for women and this can be a cause of frustration for women when they become aware of it. Smelly feet often make people ashamed of their feet and can even prevent them from socializing with other people.
To reduce the possibility of facing these difficulties, here are some tips and tricks!
- Get socks made of high quality materials that can wick moisture.
- Make sure that you change your socks every day.
- Switch between two pairs of shoes on a regular basis.
Following these simple steps, you won’t have to worry about smelly feet again! Wearing the correct type of socks and the correct type of shoes will reduce or completely eliminate excessive sweating.
Do you normally complain about the seams of the socks? I have spoken with several women who can’t stand how certain socks feel on their feet, so they end up buying a pair of seamless socks.
You will find that most socks have seams right across the toes and some women hate feeling every lump and bump!
The best solution to this is wearing a pair of seamless socks! Moreover, let’s take a look on what makes seamless socks so special for women:
- As the name suggests, seamless socks are free of the seams that can cause irritation and discomfort to the toes of your feet.
- These socks have a unique design in which they do not have separate heels like traditional socks do. Therefore, seamless socks prevent lumps from forming in the socks and are comfortable for women to wear.
- They are stronger and more durable than traditional socks.
- They prevent our toes from rubbing or overlapping with each other.
- They are easy to put on and fun to wear. They are fashionable, and you can choose from a wide variety of colors and styles.
Please remember to make sure you are wearing the correct type of shoes. Breathable and machine washable shoes are best for women with sweaty feet.
Do you have stinky, sweaty feet? Is there a particular style of socks that has worked best for your feet? Please share your thoughts and experiences below so we can all benefit from them!